“Kicking the devil in the teeth every day!” Yes! Those words began this Wednesday’s radio show with Pastor Kimberly Jones-Pothier of RealTalkKim.com and Conquering Hell in High Heels ministry, and Ana Martinez, chef and Voices Against the Grain devotional writer. We ENJOYED our time in the Lord! We shared an authentic conversation on relationships, surrendering to God when you’re going through trials, how to ignore your accuser (Satan) who surfaces your mistakes, and “What Is a Proverbs 31 Woman?” In a society where “anything goes,” Proverbs 31:10-31 reveals the honorable woman. The conversation kicked off our month-long radio show series “March with Us, March with Her” as we highlight women of God who are equipping other women to live out their God-given purposes.
Several golden nuggets of truth emerged from our discussion to include:
- There is nothing you go through that God can’t use for someone else’s benefit—you are getting through it for you and someone else
- Deliberately set aside quiet time with God to develop your purpose
- We all fall short—yet your past is not beyond God’s reach or restoration
- God will accelerate your path and recover time lost
- If you are not equally yoked or on the same page with the person you’re in relationship, they can destroy your future
- Recognize your identity in Christ and don’t be defined by the world; get your eyes off of what the world portrays and pray for God to reveal to you everything He created you to be
- God will finish the good work He began in you, no matter how broken your past
- Satan is our accuser and will remind you of your faults to hinder your purpose—take away the devil’s authority by confronting your past and walk in God who has called you! You are a new creation in Christ who is fearfully and wonderfully made! You are more than a conqueror! Keep moving forward! Only YOU can stop YOU! (Psalm 139:14, Romans 8:37)
- God’s plan is to prosper you, not to harm you (Jeremiah 29:11)
- A Proverbs 31 Woman is one whose confidence is anchored in the LORD
Want to hear more ‘truth’ nuggets? Listen here!