Nicole D. Hayes, Founder of Voices Against the Grain
Nicole D. Hayes is committed to serve as a vessel of compassion, instruction, love and truth for Jesus Christ. Born and raised in Topeka, Kan., she resides and fellowships in Washington, D.C. Drawn to know Christ in her early childhood and saved at the age of 12, Nicole is a student and applier of God’s Word. She is also a successful public relations professional operating in Washington, D.C., since 2006, coordinating and delivering strategic communications and media outreach support for nonprofits and small business owners. During her career she has placed several nonprofits and small business owners in national, local and regional media spaces. She operates with a personal and business mantra of “making an investment in people.” Among many things, Nicole is also a motivational speaker. She has been invited to deliver messages to business leaders to not be misguided by the world’s view of success, to direct young people navigating through the world’s challenges, and to remind those who may have lost their way that joyfully, “God Has Not Changed His Mind About You.”
Nicole’s purpose in creating “Voices Against the Grain” is to be light in darkness, to boldly instruct truth amidst confusion so as to bring clarity and restoration.
About Voices Against the Grain: “Advancing God’s Kingdom in a ‘do your own thing’ Society”
Launched on May 28, 2013 “Voices Against the Grain” is a blog and weekly online radio show daringly designed for audiences to learn and share how to advance God’s Kingdom in a “do your own thing,” consensus society. We challenge the status quo. We do not conform to the norm. This platform features conversations from every day people to celebrities and other figures who are operating in obedience to God’s Word in a challenging world. These special voices are thankfully “Advancing God’s Kingdom in a ‘do your own thing’ society.” In a world of unrelenting changes, there is One whose Word, whose promises, and whose authority remains unchanged: Jesus Christ.
Why is a Platform like “Voices Against the Grain” Necessary?
God has made His Word known to us, for those willing to hear. He desires we know these things about life so not to be fearful or surprised—but to be prepared, respond accordingly and remain in peace while doing so. As Jesus said in John 16:33 (New International Version): “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Key Objectives for “Voices Against the Grain” Blog and Radio Show:
- To Bring Clarity and Restoration from Deception. God’s Word is a sword that will cut to the deepest places, bringing undeniable truth to those willing to receive it and to those seeking healing and true freedom, true love, true peace. His Word blows away the fog so ultimately, confusion is removed and clarity and restoration can occur.
- To Educate and Equip. We teach God’s truth for abundant living that will help you successfully navigate in an ever-changing world with a God who is forever constant. God’s Word is not subject to consensus or vote, as in democratic societies.
- To Encourage. Through stories shared by other believers, we encourage others to know they are not in this struggle alone—and with God, we are never alone.
- To Love in Truth. We are committed to showing love while sharing the truth; our intent is not to disparage anyone—only to disparage Satan and his counterfeit schemes. This is not to say the truth won’t hurt and won’t punch you. It may. How much truth can you take? We will love you in the process. He has loved us in truth. We extend the same to you.
Curious what we will discuss? Seeking truth amidst confusion? We’ll discuss hot topics such as (but not limited to):
- God’s design for relationships, marriage and sex
- Relationship Identifiers: Fruit-bearers or extractors?
- U.S. and world policies that will enslave
- Successful business leaders who don’t cut corners
- Waiting on God in a “need it now” world
- Unraveling false belief systems
- Helping young people thrive with God in a confused world
- Religion and Doctrine vs. Relationship with God
- “Yellow Pages Christianity”
- What is God doing today
- Understanding the enemy’s strategies
- “Can I just be a ‘good’ person?”
- Being a lamp on the hill in a world controlled by darkness
- Navigating through politically correct systems and workplaces
- Enjoying real peace, and more