What should be the Believer’s disposition/posture at all times? What should be our posture to advance God’s Kingdom in increasingly turbulent times?
The Believer’s Disposition (or posture):
- Focused on Jesus, Communes with Him. (Colossians 3:2)
- Worships the Lord in spirit and truth/whole heart (John 4:23-24, Deuteronomy 6:4-5)
- Called, Called for God’s Work, Made Righteous Through Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 2:9, Romans 1:6, Romans 11:29, Romans 8:30)
- Sanctified, Holy, Set Apart for God’s Purposes. (1 Peter 1:6, 2 Corinthians 6:17)
- Love and Goodwill toward others. (1 Corinthians 13:13)
- Humility. (Ephesians 4:2, Philippians 2:3)
- Peace. Abiding in Jesus’ perfect peace. The world doesn’t have peace. The world is putting on a good show, but it is counterfeit peace. (John 14:27, John 16:33)
- Joy. (Galatians 5:22-23, Nehemiah 8:10)
- Self-Control. (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Expectant, Rooted in Hope, Knows Who Holds Their Future. (Hebrews 10:23, Hebrews 11:1, Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:24)
- Fearlessness. We don’t shrink back from what God has called us to do. He reminds us in Joshua 1:9 to be courageous: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. For the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Content in all situations, Gives Thanks. (Philippians 4:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- Forward moving, advancing God’s Kingdom, led into direct confrontation with the enemy as we take territory away from the kingdom of darkness and reclaim for God’s Kingdom. How else would you get battle experience? (Ephesians 6:10-17)
- Authorized by God. God, who is greater than us, has authorized you to “GO” and “Conquer.” Walk in it. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
- Obedience. (John 14:15, Revelation 14:12)
- Holy Spirit-led; divergent, dexterous; moves boldly and confidently in God’s instruction and not led or made stagnant by doctrine
- Discernment/Wisdom. (Psalm 111:10, Proverbs 3:13, Hebrews 5:14, James 3:17)
- Rest, Confidence in God. (Hebrews 4, Isaiah 33:6, Psalm 62:5-8)
- Clarity and Sound Mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Unshakable Convictions. We share God’s Truth so those living outside of it can begin to bear good fruit. We wouldn’t encourage them to continue sowing lawlessness to appease them and spare our discomfort in telling them the truth. (Colossians 2:8, 2 Timothy 4:2-5)
- Perseverance. Pressing in, not seeking comfortable spaces, understanding that suffering and struggle grows our faith. Staying the course. Finishing the race. (2 Timothy 4:7, Acts 20:24, Hebrews 12:1, Philippians 3:14)
- Free. (2 Corinthians 3:17, John 8:32, Romans 8:1)
- Victorious! (Romans 8:31-32, Romans 8:37, John 16:33, 1 John 5:4, Joshua 10:8)
What an awesome picture of the secure Believer amid the world’s insecurity! What other characteristics would you add to this list? Your comments welcomed!
Nicole D. Hayes is the founder of Voices Against the Grain, a bold teaching ministry launched in May 2013. Nicole’s purpose in creating Voices Against the Grain is to be light in darkness, to boldly instruct truth amid confusion so as to bring clarity and restoration.
Learn more about Nicole D. Hayes here.